We still don't have internet, so I don't know how many pictures I'll be able to post today--I'm at my inlaws' house. I'm in the middle of laundry and making supper, so these will be in random order. I'll try to include some pictures of our town and a neighboring one.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Hurricane Ike
Well, Hurricane Ike was nothing like Hurricane Gustav. We evacuated to Louisiana and came back home Monday. We had 6 inches of water in our house--doesn't seem like much, but it was enough to do major damage. Fortunately, we do have flood insurance--sadly, many of our neighbors do not. Our town was under 8-10 feet of water, and we know so many people who had 4-8 feet of water in their homes. So many people lost EVERYTHING--it's so sad.
We still don't have internet, so I don't know how many pictures I'll be able to post today--I'm at my inlaws' house. I'm in the middle of laundry and making supper, so these will be in random order. I'll try to include some pictures of our town and a neighboring one.










We still don't have internet, so I don't know how many pictures I'll be able to post today--I'm at my inlaws' house. I'm in the middle of laundry and making supper, so these will be in random order. I'll try to include some pictures of our town and a neighboring one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment