Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day Eleven

Today was another big day!!  Today, they put in my new ballisters (that I LOVE!) and worked on prepping things to paint and stain.  I think they may have done some more sheetrock stuff (did I mention that seems to be a never-ending thing??  poor guys!).  They also ripped up the carpet from the stairs and hall upstairs.  When I left a little while ago, they were starting to stain the cabinets and painting some trim.  WOO HOO!  They are restaining the mantel over the fireplace and I LOVE the color it's going to be!  No more yellow--a rich, beautiful, warm reddish-brown.  Ahhhhhh!

I find this odd, but today I felt like they were digging my house out of the mess--almost like more of an excavation that a rebuild.  Not sure why.  ???


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it's all coming together for you the way you want it! Yay!!!!!!

meltedlikewaxps97_5 said...

I LOVE the banister!!!

Gratefulwife said...

Thanks. :-) They stained it over the weekend--I'm about to post pics of that. As I am sitting here, they are working on the living room floor!!